Monday, November 10, 2008

Love and Respect

Kyle and I have been taking a Love and Respect class for the last 10 weeks. It's so good and has so many truths to make a marriage really work, and not just marriage, to make life work. So, I wrote down some principles tonight that spoke directly to my heart.

The secret things belong to the Lord.
The wisdom of the world is foolishness to God.
The works of the Kingdom are upside down.
When you die, because we all will, will God say 'Well done'?

The secret things belong to the Lord...what we do when no one is around...God sees our heart...what motivates our actions...is it to please others, receive recognition or is it because we love God so much that we obey Him and love others because our love for Christ is so great that it simply overflows into loving other people? Seeing their needs and meeting them so that they can see God's provision in their lives through you. This truth was revealed to me in the study of Matthew last year and was reiterated in tonight's Love and Respect.

The wisdom of the world is foolishness to God. The opposite of this is true also, the wisdom of God is foolishness to the world. I think this is SO profound...maybe this is why people think christians are crazy or fanatical :)

The works of the Kingdom are upside down...die, so that you might live, the humble inherit the Kingdom, love your enemy, and pray for those who persecute you...on a tangent, dying to self is HUGE, realizing that selfishness is the antithesis of being a christian was another truth I took from Matthew...

The last...and most vivid, when you die, because you will, will God say, 'Well done'? Will He say this because He saw you love, when you were disrespected or respect, when you were unloved? Because when we do these things unto others, undeservedly, we are doing it unto Him...

2 comments:

Lacey said...

We do "tent city" at our house in the gameroom also. Fun stuff!! And what great memories for the kiddos! And what a great Daddy for watching the girls all weekend!!

Team Leslie said...

Sarah - I just found your blog through Kelly T (family friend). I love this post - great thoughts. The "wisdom of the world" made me think of the MercyMe song, Crazy...one of my favorites...actually on my blog right now. Also, lacey (above) & I danced in highschool together - small world. Natalie Leslie