Monday, November 10, 2008

Camp Outs and Tummy Time...

Kyle watched the girls the entire weekend.  He would call before he went to bed, at 8:30, and suspect something may be wrong with him because he was so tired...I explained that he shouldn't worry, nothing's wrong, you're just not used to the physical exhaustion of taking care of a two and three year old who need you to feed them, dress them, play with them, clean up after them, referee them (the most tiresome of all), and bathe them.  Thanks Kyle, you are THE best dad our girls could ask for :)

Erin and Brooke have wanted to camp out for awhile.  Erin's been packing and repacking for her camping trip for a couple of weeks now...so, Kyle bought the girls a tent this weekend and put it in the game room...it didn't last long because Brooke was too excited to sleep, but they had a fun time for about an hour!  


Notice the white spot on the tent?...it's Erin's flashlight...she's a little scared and looking for her dad and asking if he's still there...


Of course, Erin trying to sleep and Brooke keeping her awake...


So, I've always known tummy time is important for a lot of different reasons, mainly for development (ie: rolling over and pushing up, so that eventually they can push themselves into a sitting position).  I haven't done it a lot with Kameron...and my neglect reminds of a true story with Brooke.  

Brooke was born when Erin was 15 months old...with a very active toddler and a newborn, Brooke's first year of life was spent on the go...so much so, that when I went to her 6 month appointment the doctor asked a very standard developmental question and it totally caught me off guard. He asked "Can she sit?"  And I looked at him, and was totally taken aback, and said, "I don't know, we've never tried to do that"...wow, I realized that Brooke was in my arms so much while I chased Erin around the house, outside, playgrounds, restaurants, grocery stores, and the mall, that I had not put her down long enough for her to physically develop.  Funny thing is, she still can't sit!  Not literally...but, she WON'T sit longer than a few minutes...'on the go' became her personality :)...

Thankfully, my good friend Amber and my mom reminded me this weekend that now would be a good time for Kameron to do some tummy time :)  So, here she is...one of her first times on her tummy and already doing a great job!


Kameron on her tummy :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

You do such a great job with your girls! Kameron did awesome with tummy time when she & I practiced!! She is such a precious baby! You guys did a great job this weekend!

Lacey said...

She is adorable. I can't believe she is already old enough for tummy time!! Look at her holding that head up!! Way to go Kamryn!!