Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pumpkins stink!!

Last year Erin cried while we carved pumpkins...she would gag and say "it's making me throw up"! It's SO funny to hear her say that...she's got a keen sense of smell and has said that phrase on numerous occasions...at the Houston zoo, certain things I cook, and when she walks up to my bed to tell me good morning (morning breath, not so pretty :)  )...I have to digress and quickly mention another funny story about her smeller...recently, we had company over and she gave the person a hug and asked with a curious look on her face "what animal is in your mouth?"...wow, I still laugh really hard when I think of her saying that and the expression on her face as she leaned over to look in the person's mouth...

Back to crying last year and carving pumpkins...even though Erin was all excited about picking out her pumpkin and carving a face on it, the smell was so unbearable to her that she stood inside at the window and watched Kyle carve it from a distance and when I asked her for a picture next to the pumpkin this is what she gave me...


Last Halloween...


What a difference a year can make!! She helped Kyle carve the pumpkins and didn't mention the smell, she even helped pull out all the yucky stuff inside :). Brooke ran around, Kameron slept, Kyle carved the cat, on the left, and I did the witch, to the right.


It's obvious, we used stencils :)


Erin wanted her pumpkin to be a scary witch...


Brooke wanted a cat :)

No comments: