Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland....

We went to a Christmas party tonight and it was extravagant...and so much fun for the girls.  When we walked up to their home, we were greeted by Frosty (who gave out glow necklaces, see Santa picture) and there was snow in the air (thanks to a snow blower), and hot chocolate or coffee at the door...once you got inside Santa, jugglers, and a balloon artist were there to give the children whatever their hearts desired...

Brooke didn't like Frosty, I think he reminded her of the Chick-fil-a cow (who terrifies her)...but, this year she did like Santa...and Kameron had no problem with him either...of course, Erin isn't afraid of anyone...so she walked right up to him and before he could ask she told him she wanted a camera...

as a sidebar, I don't know where this obsession with cameras and taking pictures is coming from...hmmm, not really, I know EXACTLY where it's coming from...watching her Aunt Rachel take pictures all over the place...every time I pick up my camera it has pictures of our coffee table, our TV, a toy on the floor, a picture on the wall...all nicely centered...

back to the party, there was a cheese fountain there bigger than any I've seen, cooks cooking...and buckets of different flavored popcorn...and that's where Brooke landed for the night...


Brooke's favorite...'Dill' popcorn...and Rachel caught this...notice anything? :)


Our girls with Santa...

3 comments:

tartar said...

That picture of Brooke is HILARIOUS!! I noticed as soon as I scrolled down...made me laugh out loud! What a great party for the kids....such memories :) Hope you guys have a very BLESSED Christmas :)

Tara

Lacey said...

So cute. I just told your sister on her blog that we were invited to the party also. :) I swear we have all the same friends and just don't know it. I was so sad to have to miss Amy's party after getting the beautiful invite. I knew it would be so much fun. Our church had our Christmas Eve party tonight so we had to miss....but we are hoping to make it next year. Looks like you guys had a blast...Erin and Ellie are both alike with the cameras...and I love the bum crack shot. Too cute!!

Kaitlin L. said...

Hilarious picture of Brooke! Looks like a great party :)