Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"I'm annoyed"...


says Kyle as he sits down beside me on the couch....

me: why?
Kyle: because everything you make lately is crappy...stick to the same five things and rotate...I'm so tired of artichoke and something...
me: laughing hysterically
Kyle: I had to eat peanut butter on crackers tonight to avoid eating the stuff you make.

It's true...I've been making some creative/uncreative food as of late...and I have been including the before mentioned ingredient in almost all my entrees...

Here's the latest meals...none were very good (with the exception of the first and I think it was the catalyst to the rest of my creations)

Tuesday night: chicken, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, fresh basil and artichoke (with orzo noodles)

Thursday night: ground turkey, olives, fresh oregano (over egg noodles)

Saturday night: lemon butter chicken, lemon and herb noodles, cherry tomatoes and artichoke

Monday night: organic roasted portabello mushrooms and tomato sauce (with angel hair)...really, it was the worst spaghetti ever...

this meal broke the camel's back...back to safe and easy casseroles :)

4 comments:

Honeyman 4 said...

I can completely see this conversation with this face!

Kaitlin L. said...

Ha! Keith would love it if I were more inventive! :) Let me know if you want the bbq chicken recipe...it's super easy!

parsonsfamily said...

Well they sound pretty impressive! Funny....Andy was giving me a hard time about some of my "meals" this week as well. Maybe Santa will bring me a new cookbook!

Lacey said...

That is HILARIOUS!! Your meals sounded good to me. Nothing like working your tail off to make your family a good, healthy meal...for them to hate it. Everytime it's healthy in our house- it is hardly ever a winner. Why is that?? Frank's favorite "phase" of mine was when I tried to do an all whole food RAW diet with nothing cooked. I am sure you can imagine how well that went over. LOL.