Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's the Climb

Prepare yourself, this is a cheesy post. Not my style usually :)

So, 102.1 is the temperature of my body....thinking it's the flu :( I had little energy this morning for our run, no appetite, and by 4 pm I was running a 100...which only climbed...

speaking of climbing, good segue, here's my thoughts tonight. Miley Cyrus' song, "It's the Climb".

There's always going to be another mountain,
I'm always gonna want to make it move
always gonna be an uphill battle
sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
ain't about what's waiting on the other side
it's the climb

and that is how I feel tonight...I'm sad I won't be able to race White Rock in Dallas with my sister this weekend, but it seriously was all about the climb...getting there...running early mornings, in the hot, in the cold, in the humid, in the dry, on the treadmill, wrestling with our children to get to the Y, arranging busy schedules, ditching the Ipods to talk instead, pacing ourselves, pushing ourselves, sucking in exhaust, up Research Forest, down Lake Woodlands...

it definitely is the climb that I'll remember :)

2 comments:

Honeyman 4 said...

Sadness...

Kaitlin L. said...

I'm really sorry for you guys :( I'll run with you next year if you decide to do it again. Hope you feel better quickly, too! Saw your kiddos at Chick Fil-A yesterday, and they were all so well-behaved! Great job, Momma. (Let me know when you guys are planning to head into town again - I'd love to do that sometime).