Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fearless...

by Max Lucado...just bought it today and I'm sure I'll read it fast...it comes highly recommended and for someone like me, fear is something I deal with, consciously and subconsciously, every day. Here's what Max says about his new book.

We fear being sued, finishing last, going broke, the mole on the back, and the sound of the clock as it ticks us closer to the grave. Every season seems to bring fresh reasons for fear.

And it feels dreadful. Fear sucks the life out of the soul, curls us into an embryonic state, and drains us dry of contentment.

Wouldn't it be great to escape it? What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats?

According to Jesus, this is possible. The one statement He made more than any other was: "Don't be afraid." In this book, Max Lucado invites you to consider Jesus' invitation to courage.

Fear will always knock on your door. Just don't invite it in for dinner. And for heaven's sake, don't offer it a bed for the night.

The promise of Christ and the contention of these pages are simple: we can fear less tomorrow than we do today.

Sounds good to me! Here's wise words on Wednesday:

John 8

Jesus condemns all sin, but He offers the gift of forgiveness to all who confess sin.

Receiving Jesus' gift of light---we have eternal life; rejecting Him---we walk in darkness and death.

True freedom is found when you believe and act on the truth of God.


4 comments:

Lacey said...

Sounds like a book for me. I am a worrier. Let me know how it is!!

Vickie said...

The one thing I have known since Erin died, is that I do not fear things any more.

Thanks for the reminder.

Vickie

Kacey said...

Love your picture on your post and your post! Wow, you have a beautiful family! You've been so blessed!!!

b said...

Great post and that book sounds like something I should get. Thanks!