Saturday, August 1, 2009

"you're outnumbered"...


that's what strangers like to say to Kyle when we're out. It's rare that we don't get a comment with three little ones running around...three girls? three weddings? lots of DRAMA at your house! But, there is one comment that I don't think I'll ever forget. It was from a woman in her 60's at Rico's a couple of months ago. I walked in with all three girls and it went like this (it's censored!):

woman: are they all girls?
me: yes :)
woman: I feel sorry for you and your husband.
me: ha ha...I get that a lot!
woman: we (looking at her husband) were just talking about our two daughters and how they are %#$*@.
me: oh, I'm sorry.

wow, she totally caught me off guard...I had NO idea she was going to blurt that out. Who says that?!!! and to a total stranger with 3 little girls, not to mention that they were listening! Guess she was really having a bad day.

I'm happy to say we haven't had any other remarks like that since and I don't think we will ever again.

After the man said Kyle was outnumbered today, his wife said, "you're triply blessed"...that's how we feel and we wouldn't want it any other way!

2 comments:

Greg and Joy Ryan said...

you are triply blessed...they look so cute and so grown up-Kameron is getting so big!

Lindsay said...

I think you are triply blessed as well.. after all, I do have two sisters and no brothers! That lady was having a bad day!!