Saturday, August 29, 2009

the one and only man of the house...

is back, and not a minute too soon. I called him yesterday afternoon:

me: where are you?
Kyle: on Research
me: come straight to my parents', they have a snake in their house and I need you to kill it!

He got there after a 10 minute stare down I was having with the snake. I didn't want the snake out of my sight...fearful he would slither and hide somewhere, reproduce, and my parents' would return from their month long trip to a snake infested home.

I tried a month ago to kill a snake in my backyard and it got away after one blow that didn't do the trick. So I knew that I SHOULD NOT attempt that in this house. I needed a FOR SURE shot and it was certainly NOT ME.

The snake was cooling off in my parents' dining room...crazy...I thought it was a rope, or an extension cord at first. I digress. Kyle didn't use the shovel I frantically got in hopes I could destroy the snake on my own...he got a hoe and a rake...trapped the snake in the corner with his body and rake, sliced it with the hoe, scooped it up with the rake, and the snake was removed in less than 1 minute. I screamed for special effects...I impressed myself.

Kyle is back in full effect playing with his girls...


making a whirlpool so they can ride the current...


jumping from the rocks...


swimming with our mermaid...

5 comments:

Lacey said...

First of all, glad Kyle is home. YEAH!! Your week alone is over, isn't it nice to breath again?!?!

Secondly, how did the snake get into their house?? Our neighbor was doing laundry the other week and found a snake in her laundry basket!! Freaked me out!! Glad Kyle was able to get it before it reproduced all over your parents house. ;0)

Greg and Joy Ryan said...

omg..that is my worst fear come true. i honestly dont know what i would do. so glad he was close and got there in a hurry. i am glad he is home as i am sure you and your girls are as well.

Team Dale said...

Love. This. Post.

schandler said...

You are a great story teller! glad kyle could come to the rescue. i'm sure there would have been a pic of the snake if you could have gone to get the camera, but since you couldn't let it out of your sight....we are out of luck :)

Jamilyn Bolen said...

I am t-e-r-r-i-f-i-e-d of snakes so I don't know how you stayed in there with it! I would have had a heart attack.