Sunday, August 23, 2009

James...the uncommon sense

Our class just finished studying James. It is such an awesome book and one of our favorites because reading it my sophomore year in college with Kyle marked a change our lives :) Here are just a few truths from the Book of James.

Be doers, not hearers only

Get your heart ready to study God's Word

Faith without works, and works without faith, is no faith at all

Be swift to hear, slow to speak and slow to wrath

If you say your saved, why doesn't your life show it?

What comes out of our mouths is a reflection of our hearts

Your tongue has the power to speak death or life

Success: being in the middle of God's will

1 comment:

GINGER said...

Hi, this is Ginger Dunham one of your hubby's friend from high school. You and I met at Kevin Capertons shower at the Law's house. Anyway, hope you don't mind if I comment on your blog but....... I love the way you summed up James, some of those things were just what I needed to hear today. I love your blog.

Ginger Dunham