Monday, October 4, 2010

she did it...

Last Friday, when I picked Erin up from school, she told me her heart was pumping really fast and she was nervous because she wanted to ask the nice lady, who helps her get into my car after school, if she was a Christian. For the last few weeks, Erin has talked about her...she hopes to stand by her during car line because she's 'so nice and really cares about me'...Erin would get in the car and tell me about her and smile really big as she said, 'I think she's a Christian'.

So, last Friday she almost got the nerve up to ask, but got too nervous...I asked why and she said, 'because I'm afraid she may tell me no'...

and then this Sunday's verse was to be strong and courageous...

she evidently took it to heart and when I picked her up this afternoon, she told me that she was brave and she did it! She asked her and the lady said yes :) and asked Erin where she went to church :)

Erin said they will be special buddies...

6 comments:

Kaitlin L. said...

What a special girl!

Lacey said...

Oh How I LOVE HER. That is such a sweet story!! Was it Gayle Samford or Christine Kennedy?? I know they are usually the K teachers doing car line. Love it!!!

sarah watson said...

can't remember her name...erin knows it, i'll ask e today...last name starts with a b, i think...and she is probably in her mid 40s...

Beth said...

This brought tears to my eyes. What an amazing girl she is! It completely humbles me the way our children have such spirits and innocent hearts after Christ. Nourish that in her for we need more children like her!

sarah watson said...

found out the teacher's name...she's the deaf ed teacher and her name is Kelenbeck :)

Team Leslie said...

What a special girl you have. Wow, she's going to be such a role model for her friends.