Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Her new grill...

before

during

and after...

A friend called today and asked Erin to tell her about her appointment. Erin said she didn't want to think about it (relive it), so 'I'll tell it to you like it's a story' and then she began...

'Once upon a time, I was so excited! I was going to have a great day...I was getting out of school early and going to lunch with my mom! I was so happy. We ate lunch...had cookies....and then I got four teeth pulled and it turned into the worst day ever. The end.'

So, I underestimated the trauma of today's appointment. I thought it was no big deal. I explained to Erin she would get a shot and it would hurt for a second, while they were injecting, but then she would not feel anything...

The numbness freaked her out and it kinda went downhill from there.

I threw out the rule book...bribes, promises (even to get her a puppy), begging...nothing worked. She was on lock down. I called Kyle and asked him to come help...he did and finally she cooperated.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Oh my goodness, that poor girl. Did she have two sets of baby teeth??? Glad it is over with and glad Daddy came to the rescue to help. They are good for that. :) :) Hope she is recovering quickly.