Thursday, January 22, 2009

Up From the Grave she Arose!

yes, I found myself singing out loud my favorite Easter morning hymn as I walked down the stairs this morning.  

Erin started with a positive strep culture last week, then Brooke on Monday, and Tuesday night I started to complain to Kyle that I wasn't feeling well.  I went to bed, had chills, felt achy, and spiked a fever...my throat wasn't sore yet, but we felt pretty confident I had strep...considering my exposure (wet slobbery exchanges with Brooke...they're sweet kisses, don't get me wrong, but they are WET).  

After a high powered antibiotic shot, 48 hours of a non-stop (102.5-103.5) fever, a night sweat that felt like I got in bed straight out of the shower, and yes, a throat that looks like cottage cheese, I am finally better.  I thought about posting a picture of it, but I'm grossed out and I didn't want to post all those beautiful white blisters on my tonsils to the world wide web.

I have to close this post by saying I'm so thankful for my family.  Kyle, Cherrie, and my parents have helped watch the girls and take care of me, and believe me, that is NO easy undertaking. Thank you, thank you, thank you...I've told you all, I don't know what I'd do without you.

2 comments:

Becky Todd said...

I am so glad you are feeling better! :)

Kelly Tarro said...

Strep, yuck. Glad you are feeling better!!