Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pigtails, growing, swim lessons, and golf...

that's what we've been doing around here :) I tried to put the girls' hair in pigtails for a few days, it was cute, but it takes extra time, which, right now, I just don't have...but, I'm thankful their hair is getting long enough to do it...for those of you who don't know, Erin and Brooke's hair is SLOW growing...in fact Erin has had two trims her whole life and Brooke, just one...I told the hair dresser to be REALLY careful in how much she cut off, not cause I care about the appearance so much, but more because half an inch will literally take years to grow :)


They really DO like their pigtails :)

Kameron, she's just growing...and still eating almost around the clock. We tried to let her cry it out a couple of nights ago and it was tough...for her and the entire family (2 am till 3:20 am)...so, last night when her internal eating alarm went off at 2 am, I caved and fed her at 2:30...what to do, what to do...?


just 'a growing'


So, the girls started swim lessons and it's been so much fun! The first day, I was like, 'this is awesome, it's worth every penny'...and then the next lesson...I could see sweet Brooke (I'm behind a glass/mirrored wall) in time out for not following instructions...she was taunting the teacher, who was stuck in the pool with Erin, by throwing toys (which they're not to touch until the end of class) in the pool and running all over the place. After class, she, the teacher, informed me that Brooke's behavior 'has now become a safety issue'. I think she might be letting me know that Brooke may be getting 'shipped out' unless she can 'shape up'. So, we're working on that...


Headed to their lessons :)


the pool their first lessons were in...they've been moved to a bigger pool adjacent to this one...


Kyle would LOVE for the girls' to take a real liking to the sport of golf...so today, he gave Erin her early birthday gift from D and Cha Cha...a set of Junior clubs...


they're legit, people!


She is IN LOVE with them and wanted me to take her picture...so here you go...


Erin with her clubs :)

3 comments:

Lacey said...

They are getting big so fast. You have adorable girls. If things don't go well with your swim lessons I have the number of a great girl who taught Ellie and Gavin in ONE lesson how to swim. She comes to your house. And Love the golf clubs...so cute. Erin gets cute girly ones, Ellie get brothers hand me downs. ;) Hope you guys had a great weekend!!

Kaitlin L. said...

Super cute pigtails, and kameron is so big! Love the way cool golf clubs, too - maybe she can get Maddie interested in something sporty :)

Team Dale said...

So I am back in the BLOG world...catching up on old post, love Brooke's hair up in Pig tails and the high ponytail! She is getting so big! I love the swim lesson story...I found that loving and kissing Brooke made her listen the best??!!! Tell the swim teacher to plant a big kiss on her cheek and tell her she is the cutest little girl in the universe...I bet Brooke will LOVE her after that...and listen to her?? Hey, it's worth a try. Kam looks just like you still!