Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's my dad's birthday...

'Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?'  Mom asked me to have that song playing for dad when he came over for dinner tonight...and we did...he was smiling until the part where John Lennon sang 'you're sincerely wasting away' :)   

He's not, in fact, mom and dad have never looked better!  I tell them all the time that they're like a fine wine...they just get better with age!...thanks partly to their priceless investment in their grandchildren lives...

Tonight we ate and watched the kids play soccer...


Brooke asking for Papa...


Erin looking for Papa...


There he is!  Dad on his 64th birthday!  A man who loves and serves his Lord, his family, his grandchildren and is committed to leaving a Godly legacy...I'm so thankful that he's my Dad and my girls' Papa...I love to hear them scream/cry his name...they love their Papa and so do I.


Papa, the big bad wolf, was trying to 'blow the house down'!


Lasagna, don't get any on ya!  Is Brooke the only 2 1/2 year old who will NOT use utensils?


Erin's faithful to pray before every meal...she likes to pray with one eye open so that she can see who's listening and to make sure no one takes her food!


Oh yeah, we're signed up for soccer...ignore the clothes...Erin's into comfort, not fashion :)


Wow, can you see her form, Coach Oakley?  So funny!!  I laughed when I saw this picture...those of you who know me well, know that I will have to contain my amusement at her soccer games...


The little ones playing goalie :)


Dad's favorite, Mom's angel food cake with blue whip cream :)

2 comments:

Honeyman 4 said...

Please ignore Drew's pants in the soccer pic. They are Erin's pj bottoms (had a potty accident)...not into fashion either. :)

Lacey said...

Cute pictures!!! Love the spaghetti face. And man oh man do you look like your Daddy or what???