Sunday, August 22, 2010

Our baby goes to Kindergarten...

tomorrow. I can't believe it. It's so exciting, but feels bittersweet. Bitter because I loved the endless days with her, her naivety, watching her play with her two little sisters, her excitement over small things, and carefreeness (maybe I just made that word up...don't know, back pain affects the brain) towards all things. I don't want those things to change.

But, when this sadness wells up inside, I'm quickly reminded of what is sad. Sad would be if Erin didn't grow up to go to Kindergarten...

So, I will let this moment just be sweet...not bitter...and with a thankful heart, I will let her go tomorrow and trust in the knowledge that God is with her when I am not.

update:
grocery shopping the day before school starts = nowhere to park and no ziplock sandwich bags left;
picking out outfit for first day of school with Erin = no more carefreeness

3 comments:

Kaitlin L. said...

We're right there with you! Maddie skipped into class this morning with a ton of carefreeness! Bummer about the sandwich bags, though!

Lacey said...

Awww.. So sweet and such the right attitude. I could learn a few things from you. I thought the first grade drop off would be better than kindergarten, but I boo-hood just as much if not more. I hope Erin has a great day. And I hope you and the other girlies do too. I know she will have a great year!! And she seemed so ready and excited this morning.

parsonsfamily said...

oh my gosh, I loved your update. Hilarious. I can't believe that she's already in Kindergarten...I know you've probably thought this a gagillion times already today.