Friday, June 24, 2011

The Big Apple

Rachel and I have helped lead the music, even though we can't sing, for VBS the last 3 years...it's a lot of fun! And this year, I got to teach Erin's first grade class too :)
New York City was the theme and we decorated our room with skyscrapers and Central Park :)

I'm so thankful that God allows me to teach little ones about Him. I can still see their eyes as we talked about faith and what it means to trust in Jesus. Faith is indeed a gift, given only by God...it's believing, trusting, and hoping in things we cannot see...

Faith: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

Hope: For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance. Romans 8:24-25


graffiti wall...our kids loved vandalizing, on butcher paper!

We did our Bible study in Central Park

Rachel and I had fun making these skyscrapers :)

Keeping it nice...

the first graders...

the music team!

my first grader!!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

GREAT JOB on the decorating. And I know those little kids were so lucky to have you as their teacher. You are so good with God's Word. Looks like a great start to the summer. :)

Team Dale said...

Looks so FUN! I heard such GREAT things about that VBS! I know E loved having you as her teacher!! Enjoy the rest of your summer!!